Wednesday, August 04, 2010

We made it!

So yesterday afternoon we started our drive to Texas after having my Subaru worked on, finishing packing and taking Elyse to the airport for a quick ride to Houston. As we drove I'm was continually challenged on many things. As my car overheats and I'm unable to turn on the air conditioning, yes I'm driving to Texas where it was 107 degrees today let me remind you, I'm reminded that my car is a material possession that thankfully will not go with me. I felt myself getting frustrated as my cotton t-shirt seemed to fuse the leather seat to my back but I'm reminded of the things the Lord has done in our life in the past few months to lead us to this point. I'm thankful for this hope and somehow allows me to enjoy the warm air blowing across my bald head. As we crossed the state line into Oklahoma it became apparent to Kristin and I that Colorado was no longer our home for which it has been for the past 5 years. This was the first of the many times I will question what the heck we are doing. I again come back to what the Lord has put in motion and the comfort that this brings. We arrive in Wichita Falls 12 hours later, amped up on coffee and unable to sleep. We essentially used a bed for a few hours at the house of Mary Alice, Kristin's roommate from college. It was still great to see them and we are so thankful for the few hours of sleep. This morning we got on the road for the remaining 3 hours of driving. I was additionally challenged to see how long I could withstand using the men's room. Bad idea. There was no comfort in this moment. I was comforted by the fact that there is Heidi's Deli arriving down the road from our place that has its roots in Denver. I'll call that comfort food. At last we arrived at our new home around midday excited to get a few things packed away. This was the capstone to a transition that started almost 5 months ago. Now the new chapter begins. Stay tuned....

1 comment:

kristen said...

i cant wait to see and hear everything yall are doing!! so sad we havent seen yall yet!! hope texas is treating you just like you never left- alot like a warm blanket completely surrounding you...