Sunday, August 29, 2010

Here we are two weeks later....
So we have been in Dallas now for two weeks, for some reason it feels alot longer, maybe because we didn't really have any down time we just jumped into life right away. So to recap what has been going on, we moved to Texas then went on a wonderful trip (just Paul and I) to the beautiful island of St. Lucia (thanks mom and dad for watching Elyse!). It was a great trip for us at the perfect time. It was relaxing with some adventure which was perfect. We both read a couple books and for those of you that know us that is amazing. Then once we got back from our trip, we spent a couple days in Houston and headed to Dallas our new home. Paul started school a couple days later and he has been studying and working hard since. I think we both still feel a little like "what the heck did we get ourselves into", but we find reassurance that this is what the Lord had planned for our family. It has definitely helped having family and friends around to help us feel welcomed. It has been harder than I thought though and I know Paul is already having a hard time at school and feels like he has no idea what he is learning and questioning what he is doing getting his PhD in Finance. Anyway, I have found some fun stuff for Elyse and me to do during the days so that has been good for us and we having been having alot of fun together. Oh and we got Elyse her first bike (Strider running bike, the bike without pedals) and she is really excited about it, but we are taking it slow. Hopefully she will get more comfortable with it soon and go on her own. Well I think that is all I have to update you on, hopefully we will be better about posting more often. I wanted to post some pictures from our last few weeks of life but I can't seem to find my camera cord at the moment but wanted to post at the request of some friends. So the pictures will have to wait.

2 comments:

Bekah said...

So glad that you updated your blog! Can't wait to see some photos. We miss you guys A LOT. Praying for you all.

Did you find a doctor?

:)Bekah

Shauna said...

I'm so glad that you and Paul were able to get away together! I love hearing how you guys are doing. Sad we didn't get to hang before you left, but we'll look forward to meeting up sometime in TX.